Railroad Forums 

• deystroyed BN 972558

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#31655  by LIRRNOVA55

i just read on hazegray snowfighting, can anybody else confirm this, if so anyone have pix/? i hope this isnt true but w/e, what is the extent of the damage?

for anybody that dont know BN 972558 was the first converted steam rotary to electric

#32641  by John_Perkowski

The only Class I railroad which maintained steam on its operational roster was the Union Pacific. ... 844

UP 3985 was retained static by the Company, but restored by volunteers. It was re-rostered only when complete and had passed its break-in run!

ATSF 2925 was restored privately, not by ATSF

So, which museum do you propose to restore this rotary, and why is this rotary more important than the rotary Santa Fe brought to the merger?

John

#32906  by LIRRNOVA55

i think we are on 2 different things, so lemme re-word this
i read here-http://www.hazegray.org/rail/rotaries.htm#bnsf
that Burlington northern 972558 was deystroyed in a blade faliur, can anybody confirm what happened to this unit and how bad the damage is that supposedly occured, or is this just another rumer.
here is a picture
now on a side note, this was the first steam rotary plow that was converted to electric.for anyone that didnt know.

i said nothing of restoring this, i think you got confused with my signature down there

#32944  by John_Perkowski

Yes, I did get confused with your sig. That's one of the reasons I don't always use mine.

Apologies...