Railroad Forums 

• questions for anyone in LaJunta.

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#366706  by Engsoldier78

Just got my conditional offer for LaJunta, Co. Was hoping someone could provide me some info on the place-Average number of hours, Rent, extra board guarantee, furloughs, etc... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#366766  by git a holt to it

Very small town dirt cheap housing and hard to sell once you buy. La junta is all road jobs and at present all xtra brds and pool turns are full. I suggest renting since you'll be bouncing around to different terminals your first few years. Lajunta is part of the loop, the north loop consists of denver and trinidad crews and the south loop consists of lajunta and amarillo crews. the south loop is a longer run and has a trip rate of $425+/- one way. theres also a short turn pool that covers pueblo to lajunta since we north loop guys never make it to lajunta most of the time.

#366779  by Engsoldier78

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. So it basically sounds like I wont get much work. Do they have a guarantee on the extra board?. They hired me there as primary recall. Sounds like Im going somewhere they dont need me. Wish they would of hired me here then.lol. Ill take what I can get though.