• BNSF Conductor Query

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

by Backtrax

I recently was accepted into AMDG to become a conductor with CSX. However, I am more interested into moving out west where the weather is warmer. How do I go about this with BNSF? How long does it usually take to be promoted to engineer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

by route_rock

well BNSF has system wide seniority. so You can go aheed and get on where there is an opening and go from there. Engineer well thats a seniority issue as well. If you can get a bid in and it is accepted then your an engineer. Right now at my terminal we have 10 in class 10 more going and 10 more spot to open ( 20 sometime next year) so a grand total of 50 engineers will be coming from here. Your not promised an engineer position in x amount of time out here on the BN. If you bid and get the job you must then pass it at a 90% or so long have fun being a "former" railroader.

by Amtrak31

I'm sixteen right now. I'm been thinking about becoming a conductor at BNSF in two years.

by Delta

BNSF only accepts electronic applications. There is a link to employment opportunities on their website.