Railroad Forums 

• Pueblo Colorado

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#88695  by LIRR272

Hello to all,

I'm going to Pueblo Colorado in March and I'm staying in the Hampton Inn off of I25. According to one map the BNSF runs close by (correct me if I'm wrong). So I would like to know whats the amount of traffic on the line, what are the good spots in Pueblo for train watching? I'm coming in from NYC so this would be my first time checking out west coast railroading.

#88892  by AmtrakFan

I remember hearing about 40 to 50 Trains a day. At least on the Joint Line Part.

John

#89305  by The S.P. Caboose

Not only can you see tons of action, if you're not used too seeing 4-5 units MU'd together, you can expect to see it.

#89410  by LIRR272

Great :-D Are there a multiple lines running through or one line. Can you point me to a map or website that shows the tracks in the city? Again thank you for the info.

#89435  by The S.P. Caboose

For the most part this is double track territory between Denver and Pueblo. I'm not sure about maps, but if you're a member of Tirple A they can supply street maps. If you're interested Altamont Press does have for sale a railfan timetable for the Rocky Mountain region. They can be contacted at altamontpress.com. This railfan timetable will give you tons of information such as stations, road frequencies, pbx frequenies, who dispatches the line and a whole lot more.

At the east end of Tennessee Pass (now closed) was at Pueblo. There was a time that even more traffic would have been seen in Pueblo because of Tennessee Pass.

You'll see a lot of BNSF. I'm not sure about Union Pacific, but they might.

#89439  by LIRR272

Thank you.