Railroad Forums 

• Former CP Headquarters Building

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#845288  by calaisbranch

[img]http://terrace.sephone.com/idx_images_3 ... 28_101.jpg
[/img]
I've been meaning to look into the matter for some time now and finally did. What you ask? I thought I had seen a "For Sale" sign at the old CP headquarters building in Brownville Junction. So, I just went on an MLS search under "commercial" and found that it is a reality. SAD! :(

http://listings.prudentialnortheastprop ... 428-144616
 #851075  by employee4

MMA sold that building 3 or 4 years ago. Guess they thought wasn't good enough to make into an office building and opted to stay in the office building in Derby.............it's falling down around them as that building is not in good shape. Far as that goes they coulda saved a lot of money by turning that into the general office building and could have done away with the lease on where they are now. What am I talking about, lol, that would only save money and would put the "elete" in a small town that doesn't have an international airport. Mismanagement reigns supreme again.
 #851148  by Cowford

Close the offices in Bangor and move them 50 miles away to East Bumcookie ? That would have the same likelihood of saving money as it would of boosting morale among those that would have been transferred.

Dang, if they HAD done that, you would be on here complaining about how they shafted the workers in Bangor to save a dime, and how it was short-sighted in that it lowered productivity. Give it a rest.
 #851198  by calaisbranch

It would seem kind of retarded to close Derby when it has the loco facilities and such. It's only like ten miles from Brownville. Not even probably. Crews on #2 often have to take power down to Derby to refuel it before continuing to Millinocket. I personally can't figure out why they'd have anything but a small office in Bangor. It is a good crew point for Searsport jobs, interchange, and the runs to Brownville. However, they aren't even able to fuel power there. Maintaining units can't be done in anything other than outdoors in the elements with the BAR roundhouse no longer in RR hands. It would actually make more sense to have something small in Searsport for "emergencies," since it's at the end of the line. That ain't gonna happen, though!

Power has to go to Derby. The old CP building in Brownville couldn't really hold much other than office space. Just a sign of the times I guess, but sad nonetheless.
 #851931  by employee4

Cowford, I fully understand where you are comming from. You just can't take supervisors and expect them to move. That treat is saved for the "rank and file" workers. I was one of those who was given a choice, move or find another job. I'll never give it a rest simply because it was an effort to get as many people to quit as possible and I got it shoved in hard and deep. Hard to get people to understand that unless they have been a victim of this uneeded tactic. I have been around these types of people for too long. They look for ways to fill their pockets and don't care who is hurt in the process.
 #852060  by Cowford

employee4 wrote:You just can't take supervisors and expect them to move.
You most certainly can - and should - if it makes sense. Moving moving people to an old unused station in the middle of nowhere, just because it's there, doesn't.