Railroad Forums 

• BAR Switch Stand

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#569555  by Buckshot

My father recently passed away and, among many other things, has left to me a switch stand that he claims came from the BAR. It has a manufacturer's stamp from "Ramapo Ajax Corp, Hillburn, NT, E2229, RACOR". The photo on page 41 of the following link http://www.wayland.ma.us/historical/108 ... er%205.pdf is a pretty fair depiction of the switch. Does anyone know where I may find an illustration of this switch showing its internal parts and connections? I'm trying to determine whether I need to transport it on a trailer or whether it can be broken down into smaller, lighter, segments for transportation inside my Jeep.
 #579202  by neanderman

Take a look at US Patent 1,783,283. See if that helps. I think the main structure is one large casting, though.

Ed