Railroad Forums 

• New Business

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#37463  by Cowford

I'm still waiting to hear about new business that MMA is generating. Where are Bear, Mike C., and Gordon??? :wink:

#39226  by mikeconfalone

Hey pal...they're still in business...that's a pretty good thing considering all the doom and gloom of a year ago. They survived a brutal winter with zero power....and came out of it better than one would expect.

Are you familiar with a certain intermodal train....appears to be going quite smoothly for quite some time now. I believe Presque Isle is back on line as well. I'm sure there are other things in the works that none of us are privy(spelling?) :wink: to.

MC

#39270  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
As a happy coincidence - at Searsport, a sizable warehouse has been constructed, and tracks are being laid to it. Reports indicate that a warehouse that is three times larger will be going in sometime soon.
The East Millinocket and Millinocket mills are both up and running- things overall on the system seem to be on the up swing.
A good gauge of the rest of the system is the night turn out of NMJ, as it is the train that the Guilford interchange traffic comes in and out on. The tonnage (average anyway) has been going up. That isn't to say they haven't hauled eight cars out of there, but lately, 20 - 30 cars out of NMJ with a single unit has been fairly common.
What is interesting, the Job #1 / 2 trains have an average car count of much higher than that - usually in the 50 + range, and I have seen over 80. I think this means that the primary interchange for the MM&A isn't Guilford any longer.
Hope this helps!
cya, Joey

#39388  by roc

This of course makes me wonder what train sizes on the VTR-operated White River line are like, anyone?

#39585  by Cowford

Not trying to stir the pot :wink: Just curious as I'm a bit detached from what goes on up there. No inroads with Irving???
 #42966  by Slowrider

MM&A seems to be interchanging half as many cars now in Newport (WACR) as they to Guilford, maybe slightly less....

M Fortin