Railroad Forums 

• Navy Yard Switcher

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#447926  by Dick H

Anyone seen the 65 ton center cab switcher from the Portsmouth Navy Yard that was delivered to NMJ by GRS/PAR earlier this month? I have heard two scenarios on this situation. One that the MM&A will be doing repairs on the unit and another that the MM&A will keep it for the Derby shop. Anyone have more info. Thanks

Dick

#448555  by greenlawffemt

Reference the 65 tonner, I along with a another local NMJ railfan infact did see the unit interchanged to MMA.

Unsure of its status at the present time.

Isaac

#455629  by MEC407

Any new news about the critter?

#461509  by Tom Tancula

I was in Derby last week and confirmed that the unit is getting work done on it by MMA, after which it will return to its base of orign. The unit is having all four traction motors rebuilt by A. C. Electric in Bangor, and MMA is reprofiling the wheels.

#461512  by MEC407

Thanks for the update, Mr. Tancula!

#469580  by Dick H

A report on another list that the Navy Yard Switcher will be moved shortly to NMJ for interchange with GRS/PAR for shipment back to the Navy Yard. No definite timing of movement given yet..

Dick

#471353  by Dick H

The Navy Yard Switcher must have snuck out of Maine. It is now parked at Rockingham Junction NH (11/24). Should go back to the yard next week on PH-1.

Dick

#471443  by emd_16645

She was set up in the consist to head west Wednesday night from Northern Maine Junction with the 252 and 208. I don't know if they headed west Thursday or Friday because of Thanksgiving. The unit spent the weekend before at NMJ on MMA trackage and was interchanged Monday morning.