Railroad Forums 

• Vermont Activity and Sightings

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#1363016  by csx2039

No train sunday, and no train today. I guess we'll have to call it 2 trips this week... I would imagine a repeat next week as well...
 #1363632  by csx2039

Cmq is reportedly giving up on 5 day per week service officially starting Jan 1, (surprise), they will be shooting for 2 day a week service to newport to interchange with vtr. With possibly a third trip if traffic warrants, but as we have seen so far this is not likely. CMQ'S marketing of the Newport sub is very weak, as we now see the majority of traffic moving cp. As i had said over the last few years, The claims of large amounts of traffic rejuvenating the conn river by cmq were and still are premature and unfounded. The line has too many different companies, owning to many different segments. Local traffic that will not touch cmq will be increasing on the line. ( from the south) but that's a different topic... I personally hope to see cmq sell the Newport sub and let a real railroad try to run it. But I do not imagine they will at this point. Loosing lines make a nice tax write off at the end of the year...
 #1364082  by 690

Most roads have canceled locals jobs for the holidays.
 #1364980  by CN9634

I didn't' catch a departure but the two units being used on the Newport job arrived back at Farnham at Midnight from somewhere...
 #1365016  by Fritz

Hello,
If they did run yesterday, they didn't leave any cars in Newport (for either their customers or the WACR). I don't know if they received cars from the WACR yesterday, although nothing was in the yard to go north yesterday morning. The WACR went south this morning with a single empty covered hopper that they pulled from Poulin Grain.
Best,
Fritz
 #1365025  by CN9634

It is possible they only went to Cowansville or Richford to serve local customers and not all the way to Newport due to lack of traffic.