• Pan Am Freight

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

by gpp111

Due to the length of Pan Am freights in and out of NMJ it would appear that CP is still carrying freight connecting Pan Am with the Irving railroads, Eastern Maine. Or is the Mattawamkeag branch reactivated?
  by Zeke

This thread is so dead lately picking's are pretty slim. From what I gather the Keag is still O.O.S.. and the CMQ agreement is still in place. But this pure speculation. I would imagine Pan Am is not happy a powerhouse CP is suddenly in the middle of their little world as I imagine the CP sales department is looking to pick off any of Pan Ams customers they can.
  by CN9634

Pan Am will be going back to Keag now that CP is operating the CMQ.
  by CPF363

Is Pan Am working on re-opening the track to handle freight movements?
Last edited by MEC407 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by newpylong

Something must be closed in order to be reopened. It never was out of service.
  by riffian

Does PanAm still have an NMJ based road switcher?
  by rustyrails

Did anybody see the tanks at Newborn St today. What a sight of military vehicles on the PanAm rail in Greendale this afternoon.
  by KSmitty

riffian wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:02 am Does PanAm still have an NMJ based road switcher?
Pan Am has a crew based out of NMJ to operate NMWA.

They also have a crew at Old Town which covers all switching east of NMJ, including Orrington dirty dirt, Bucksport storage, ties/chips to/from Keag and some of the Old Town Mill. Since Watco isn't allowed on the main line, Pan Am is switching the caustic side of the mill, Watco handles the pulp barn side. Cushy contract for Watco...
  by roberttosh

What type of volume is ND at OT shipping these days?
  by rustyrails

I been noticing a single CSX switcher standing alone at New Bond Sreet. Today the Q427 was parked at Greendale with the single switcher parked ahead of it about 100 feet apart. This has been happening a lot in the last few week. Anybody have any input on this?
  by johnpbarlow

I think this post is better addressed on the CSX forum but my guess is the switcher is actually a road unit that came into Worcester from Selkirk on Q426 as a mid-train DPU. The consist behind this DPU might have been the P&W block that would have been set-out at CP-45. I think the CSX operating practice is to leave an inbound DPU at around New Bond St as the rest of the train heads north to Ayer. When Q427 arrives from Ayer, it sounds like the DPU is appended to the front end, although Q427 still has to make a P&W pick-up at CP-45 where perhaps a DPU is configured for the trip west to Selkirk. Hopefully somebody has a definitive answer.