Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am Freight - Northern Maine

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1545885  by gpp111

Due to the length of Pan Am freights in and out of NMJ it would appear that CP is still carrying freight connecting Pan Am with the Irving railroads, Eastern Maine. Or is the Mattawamkeag branch reactivated?
 #1545972  by Zeke

This thread is so dead lately picking's are pretty slim. From what I gather the Keag is still O.O.S.. and the CMQ agreement is still in place. But this pure speculation. I would imagine Pan Am is not happy a powerhouse CP is suddenly in the middle of their little world as I imagine the CP sales department is looking to pick off any of Pan Ams customers they can.
 #1546026  by CN9634

Pan Am will be going back to Keag now that CP is operating the CMQ.
 #1546064  by CPF363

Is Pan Am working on re-opening the track to handle freight movements?
Last edited by MEC407 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
 #1549560  by newpylong

Something must be closed in order to be reopened. It never was out of service.
 #1555182  by riffian

Does PanAm still have an NMJ based road switcher?
 #1555401  by KSmitty

riffian wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:02 am Does PanAm still have an NMJ based road switcher?
Pan Am has a crew based out of NMJ to operate NMWA.

They also have a crew at Old Town which covers all switching east of NMJ, including Orrington dirty dirt, Bucksport storage, ties/chips to/from Keag and some of the Old Town Mill. Since Watco isn't allowed on the main line, Pan Am is switching the caustic side of the mill, Watco handles the pulp barn side. Cushy contract for Watco...