Railroad Forums 

• Let's see your map

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1538372  by Roadgeek Adam

I don't normally do lines, so I will use these that I do keep, which is a map of all Amtrak stations photographed that I keep active.

I will note that I have used the Northeast Corridor, Lake Shore Limited (48 & 448), Maple Leaf, Empire Service, Carolinan, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, Illinois Zephyr/Carl Sandburg, Southwest Chief, Coast Starlight, Pacific Surfliner and Southwest Chief.

Amtrak map 2.png
Amtrak map 2.png (228.39 KiB) Viewed 695 times
Amtrak map 1.png
Amtrak map 1.png (143.9 KiB) Viewed 695 times
 #1538391  by Greg Moore

Tadman wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:47 am I'm jealous of the full Builder trip, it's on my list. And i would love if they brought back the BC Rail passenger train. I've seen pics, it's amazing.
Yeah, the Builder is on my list one of these days.
 #1540406  by Pensyfan19

Sorry if I'm a bit late with this.
Attachments:
2020-04-22 15.29.38.jpg
2020-04-22 15.29.38.jpg (282.79 KiB) Viewed 595 times
 #1540532  by Tadman

It's amusing to see a coach ride on the CL and Cardinal. I did that once as a university student, it was a LONG ride.
 #1540534  by Pensyfan19

Tadman wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:16 pm It's amusing to see a coach ride on the CL and Cardinal. I did that once as a university student, it was a LONG ride.
I'm not sure if it was coach or business class, but it was a bit long. Took amtrak from NYP all the way to Emeryville by train, and then down to Anaheim a few days later. Even if the trip tool a while by train, there was still great scenery, especially on the CZ, which you can't find anywhere else.
 #1540548  by Matt Johnson

I've managed to cover a pretty decent portion of the Amtrak system. Not too shabby, even if the Zephyr remains on my travel wish list!

(I caught one minor error, so rather than re-do it, I'll note that I've taken the Crescent to Atlanta and the Carolinian as far as Durham. So I should have left a gap in the Carolina Piedmont route between Durham and the junction with the Crescent route.)
Attachments:
amtrakmap.jpg
amtrakmap.jpg (257.43 KiB) Viewed 488 times