Railroad Forums 

• 3 Acela Train Sets at once?

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1524218  by Rbts Stn

Took a later train than usual into S. Station this past Friday (11/1), noticed there were 3 Acela Trainsets parked inside. This was just before 9AM. I didn't go in to see if there were any delays that might have caused them to "back up" like that, but it seemed unlikely to be the case?

Or is that the case?

I do regularly see two of them a bit earlier in the morning on most days.
 #1524236  by jwhite07

Per a friend who was waiting for a 1+ hour late 2159, Amtrak indeed had a service disruption Friday morning due to high winds and a tree down in Attleboro. Commuter service was also affected.
 #1524262  by Diverging Route

Rbts Stn wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:43 pm Took a later train than usual into S. Station this past Friday (11/1), noticed there were 3 Acela Trainsets parked inside. This was just before 9AM. I didn't go in to see if there were any delays that might have caused them to "back up" like that, but it seemed unlikely to be the case?

Or is that the case?

I do regularly see two of them a bit earlier in the morning on most days.
Due to the windstorm and a tree/wires down just south of New Haven on Friday morning, the first four Acela trips to NYC were cancelled.