• #49 Lake Shore consist

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by TCurtin

Did I sleep through something or is this something new? My wife and I were waiting at Croton Harmon Friday the 21st to go to NYC for the evening and saw #49 come in with what I think was a Viewliner dining car. Did i get this right? And, to reiterate my previous question is that something new?

The same train had heavyweight private car "Kitchi Gammi Club" on the rear (My wife was impressed). I didn't think Amtrak was moving those any more
  by lordsigma12345

Yes Lake Shore has the Viewliner II diners now. It received them when Amtrak shifted to a temporary Chicago - Boston consist with no New York section during the Penn Station work this summer (as well as the "contemporary fresh dining" program) and with the normal LSL back in service the VII are now on the New York section in place of the Amfleet Diner Lite.

As for the private move, Amtrak back pedaled a bit on that and is accommodating private cars on regularly scheduled routes so long as accommodating them does not delay the train.
  by twropr

Is the LSL still running with 13 cars west of Albany-Rensselaer?
Andy