Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak Alerts

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1550009  by STrRedWolf

mtuandrew wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:09 am Hm, I’m used to the DC area where every hotel (and even moderately-nice apartment complexes!) seems to have a shuttle to DCA or the nearest Metro. Guess that isn’t so much an option in PGH.
Yeah. My knowledge is due to Anthrocon being there every year since 2006 (with obvious exception). There used to be a private airport shuttle service, but that was bought out by SuperShuttle. The only alternative to the airport is the Port Authority Transit's 28X bus... or a taxi.
 #1550157  by ohioriverrailway

Coach USA in Pittsburgh frequently ran Amtrak bustitutions. I'm sure they'd have obliged. Alliance is the only intermediate stop.
 #1550162  by STrRedWolf

ohioriverrailway wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:25 pm Coach USA in Pittsburgh frequently ran Amtrak bustitutions. I'm sure they'd have obliged. Alliance is the only intermediate stop.
Yeah, but that'll be a full 50 passenger commuter bus VS how many were transferring? It probably wasn't enough to justify the coach.