Railroad Forums 

• Stock Photography

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#70344  by EricB

I'm not sure how many people here are aware of this but there's a small market for "stock" railroad photos online. I recently found this site that currently has only about 77 railroad related images. I don't know how many railroad or transportation photos they need but it wouldn't hurt to send in a few images and see what they accept or reject... Here's the new site I found: Can Stock Photo
You can also do a google search for "Stock Photography" and see what you can come up with...

What type of photo would be a good "stock" photo? Try looking through magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias, and newspapers for advertisments and articles about trains or transportation... Those are stock photos. Usually corporate logos are hidden or removed and model releases are required for recognizable people in the photo. Here's a good resource for those wanting to learn more about stock photography: www.photosource.com