Railroad Forums 

• online slide creation / ordering

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#787850  by judgesmails

I'm sure this seems like a low-tech question, but I haven't found an answer through Google. Is it possible to somehow turn a digital image into a mounted slide, and if so is there an online store that anyone would recommend? I'm not sure if anyone even mounts/manufactures slides anymore.

For what it's worth, the reason I'm doing this is so that I can project an image onto my son's wall, trace it, and then paint it as a kind of mural. I know that there is computer equipment that would project a digital image from a laptop, but I don't have such equipment yet I do have access to a basic slide projector. It would make life so much easier if I could just submit the image online, get the slide in the mail, and go from there.

Thanks for any help that you can provide!
 #787901  by justalurker66

A good question as Google searches come up with the opposite of what you want ...
Perhaps changing the search terms to "slide printer" might help?

http://www.theslideprinter.com/film-services.htm is a place in Denver that will print JPGs to slide for $8 each

No recommendation ... as far as I know they are jerks who will rip you off. They just happen to have a domain name that matches the search terms. But printing is what you want to do and if their shipping and handling is within your budget it is certainly cheaper than buying/renting a digital projector.
 #789888  by MEC407

justalurker66 wrote:No recommendation ... as far as I know they are jerks who will rip you off.
Based on what? The Slide Printer has been in business for a long time and is a very reputable, very respected company. Myself and many others have done business with them, long before this digital stuff came along!

Their name -- The Slide Printer -- comes from the fact that one of their original and most popular services was making prints from slides. This was back in the days before scanners, mind you.