Railroad Forums 

• Cannon SD1200 IS

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#753479  by hotbike

Got a digital camera finally, it's a Cannon SD1200 IS. It is rated for 10 megapixels. Just charging the battery now. Have installed the software on this computer.

I had used a disposable digital camera before. I currently don't have a video camera, but this camera will shoot video, too, according to the manual.

Wish me luck...
 #753880  by Plate F

That should take some decent video for you. Looks like a good camera, Canon's are reliable. Good luck!
 #754017  by hotbike

Here are a couple of pictures from the Canon SD1200 IS. I didn't mean to get off topic, but the subject of this thread is a camera. (I misspelled "Canon" in the title, sorry) .
I can see a difference already, compared to the disposable digital camera I used before. I can read my email address, which is written on the side of the bike.

I hope to get some rail-related pictures soon, but today the LIRR is running on a Holiday schedule (New Years Day).