Railroad Forums 

• Short Film/Video: "The Buxton Pullman" - Australia

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#297310  by LandDownUnder

Hey all

Although this is a North American based forum, I thought I might share a video from Downunder, which I made at a local tourist railroad recently, featuring footage of various steam train excursions on the branch line.

The main significance in this video is adapting alot of my photographic 'style' to the composition of scenes in the video, seeking unique and unusual perspectives to portray a subject. It's been inkling on me for years now that I should somehow use those skills in video/film, and over the past 6 months or so I have been acquiring alot of footage to embark on this, much of which was shot in the US. Watch this space.

Don't worry about the trains/locomotives depicted, they're the subjects of the video. It's mainly the POV used which I'm after review.

So here is, at its debut, The Buxton Pullman

http://www.theintercityplatform.com/vid ... ullman.wmv
Requires Windows Media Player - .WMV Format
22.5MB - 9 Mins 6 Secs

Again, this is my first production, so not everything will be perfect, particularly the audio. However, my main goal which I feel achieved throughout the video are the perspectives and POVs I've used to feature the trains.

If someone can recommend a better way to upload and host these videos, that'll be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!

#297358  by keeper1616

good - I like it

ever heard of YouTube? Free video hosting.

www.youtube.com

or

video.google.com also has video hosting