Railroad Forums 

• Looking for an Ideal Host

• Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.
Discussion of photography and videography techniques, equipment and technology, and links to personal railroad-related photo galleries.

Moderators: nomis, keeper1616

#238096  by benltrain

I have a photo site, a much viewed one. It is running out of space, and I have a special thing I want to post.

I did a photo essay using old photos of Philly stations and trains and did a photo essay, with a matching current photo, sometimes from the same angle, most of which were taken by me last march or april. i want to have a site where ican post somebody else's photos without breaking to many rules (wouldn't work on webshots).

This was a piece of work I was very proud of, but it was on a display and not a computer document, and I would like to find a host that I can use well for this that won't be too hard to work with my computer skills.

#238258  by cifn2

did you try yahoo photos? Unlimited space!!! :)

#251760  by trainiax

I currently use Bravenet to host my site. They offer special deals periodically, so I'm paying $4.50 a month for 30 GB of space.

#252243  by benltrain

webmaster wrote:My web design company offers hosting. Contact me offline... [email protected].
Does it require a fee or programming skills?

My webshots is already packed to capacity, and I have been doing a lot of photography lately. I don't want tohave to upgrade to premium, but i'd prefer not making a new domain name like "benltrain2" because I'd like to keep them together.

Does Yahoo track views? How good is the layout for when it displays you photos?