Railroad Forums 

• Cast aluminum Alco GE builders plate

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#606568  by santafeboy

I recently acquired the builders plate from Santa Fe RSD-5 #2134 sn# 80603 July 1953 however what makes this plate different from most 6x12 cast plates is it made of cast aluminum rather than the usual cast iron Question does anyone know how many of this style plate were produced and what other locomotives they were applied to?
 #627915  by ivanlove

The Cast Aluminium Plates appear to have been used around May, June, July of 1953. It does not appear that it was for any certain model, just general use. There are some cast iron that fall in this time peroid , so no soild rule.
 #661650  by budzz89

santafeboy wrote:I recently acquired the builders plate from Santa Fe RSD-5 #2134 sn# 80603 July 1953 however what makes this plate different from most 6x12 cast plates is it made of cast aluminum rather than the usual cast iron Question does anyone know how many of this style plate were produced and what other locomotives they were applied to?
as i know there is 50 6x12 cast plates were produced and this was very tough ...