Railroad Forums 

• Mexican Alco footage

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#312212  by pennsy

Hi,

Excellent Flick.

Looks like old Alco's never die, they get shipped to Mexico. And, they get mixed and matched until they run again.

Rolling stock seems to be the same. Never see a solid consist. No cars match.

#312326  by sallenparks

It's from Pentrex's Mexico's Pacifico tape copyright 1992.

#312610  by Tadman

For the record, I didn't upload that to Youtube if in fact it is in violation of copyright law. There's lots of good vids of trains on the site, however - it's worth looking at.

However I don't condone copyright violation.

#312626  by sallenparks

Didn't mean to imply anything Tadman just saying where it's from.

#312760  by pennsy

Hi,

Go to the Pentrex website, go to their catalogue and place your order.

#313185  by sallenparks

They've got three. FCP is the third one.Or three not counting Copper Cayon.

#314219  by RS112556

Great footage. Kinda reminds you of Conrail's first days with motive power in a rainbow of colors. Cool to see old Alcos still at work even if it is south of the border. :-)

#314239  by scharnhorst

Nice vid all thow its sad to say it most of the big C628's in Mexico were going to the bone yard shortley after much of this footage was recorded.

#318531  by Petz

The Pentrex tapes about Mexico (i´ve bought them some years ago in NTSC) are one of the best and most interesting recordings i´ve ever got.
I have bought the following Tapes:
FCP, Northern Mexico Rails, Central Mexico Rails, CHP
For all Alco fans i recommend the GBW recording too because the fighting and growling of their RS20 (RS3 rebuilt with 251 engine) when switching cars is really "alcoholic" like the rest of the tape too.....

I´m not connected to Pentrex in any form and get no money for writing this but i am simply inspired from their tapes and have bought what my moneybag has allowed includeing a extra videoplayer which is able to play NTSC too because here in Europe we have a different VHS tv - code named PAL........