Railroad Forums 

• Locomotive Wheel Lathe

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#302349  by WardInd

I am looking to buy a locomotive wheel lathe.Condition is unimportant.Any size will be considered.

Wade Nye
Ward Industries
(916) 548-1347

#302706  by BrianM

I know the SRNJ just recently purchased one. I can get the information from them for you. They bought it right from the company.

Brian
 #302799  by WardInd

I know where to buy a new one.I am looking for used. This new one to replace an existing one and what will they they be doing with the old one?

Wade
 #302840  by BrianM

WardInd wrote:I know where to buy a new one.I am looking for used. This new one to replace an existing one and what will they they be doing with the old one?

Wade

This was not a replaement. Previously, they sent the unit out to be done.

Brian
 #302878  by WardInd

Ohh Well....

Who were they farming the work out to? Maybe they have one that they wish to sell.

Thanks
 #303019  by BrianM

WardInd wrote:Ohh Well....

Who were they farming the work out to? Maybe they have one that they wish to sell.

Thanks

Conrail

Brian

#303424  by bystander

where is there shop buliding don 't they hav to have some sort of buildng for this things?

#303605  by Tadman

check out www.surplusrecord.com - they have lots of used industrial equipment.

#314250  by scharnhorst

Canadian National had one for sale on there surplus section on there web page a few weeks ago don't know if its still posted there or not.