Railroad Forums 

• ALCOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#206616  by Paul

Hi John.
I am looking for diagrams (or photos) of the puller used in removing the dynamic brake fans from the motor. RS=32 by the way. Do you have any drawings or instructions you can put in PDF format and email them to me?
Thanks.

#206766  by Alcoman

I'LL do some digging and see what I have...and get to you.

#206770  by Alcoman

Paul,
I may have something for you on this.I have MI-14035 which includes diagrams of the tools you need. This is for Rad-fan clutch gear unit Type: GDY45
If you can use this, its 16 pages. Let me know.

#206796  by Paul

DO you have my email addy? if you can scan and email them say by 5pm your time friday, let me know. Thanks.

#206800  by Alcoman

Its alot to scan. I will try.
John

#206987  by Paul

John, I know its a tall order. Perhaps if you just scan the part pertaining to the dynamic brakes and leave the rest for when you have free time. I don't meen to burden you with this. The locomotive isn't going anywhere for a long time. I am starting to prep it this weekend so all I am doing is inspecting the pm, and trying to get the fans off the motor so we can get new bearings. We are going to use the dynamic brake unit as a load box for the other engines until it is installed on the RS32.
Anyway, Thanks. BTW, what si the status and condition of the ex-LIRR FA and S-1 switcher 417 at Colonee?