Railroad Forums 

• Book about Fred Tromel and the ALCO 251 prime mover

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#1390728  by JKR251

Not too long ago former ALCO employee Chris MacDermot wrote a book that was titled "251: A Tribute To F.C. Tromel and His “251” Engine". Does anyone know where copies of said book can be purchased? Thanks.

JR
 #1390966  by Allen Hazen

This
http://www.rpi.edu/news/alumni_classnot ... shelf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
at least gives the publisher: "The Altamont Enterprise." Maybe they could be contacted (since I suspect they are a small outfit). Or, if you have a local bookstore, consult them: if they can find the publisher, they can probably arrange to get the book for you as a special order.
 #1390967  by Allen Hazen

Hmm…
The publisher seems to be a weekly newspaper in the Albany (and thus Schenectady) area. Their website doesn't say anything about publishing books, but there is a contact e-mail address (contact is under "Masthead" on the site map).
(I'd be interested in the book. If you contact them and find out about availability, could you post here what you find? Thanks!)
 #1406761  by clutch

Just received my copy of 251. Mr MacDermont sells the book. Send him a letter at 231Stanford Dr, Schenectady NY 12303. $49.95 plus shipping and tax. Back cover ISBN 978-0-12343-1 . Inside front cover ISBN 978-1-61539-675-7.