Railroad Forums 

• LAKE STATE PAINT SCHEME

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

Do you like the Lake State Paint Scheme?

YES
50%
NO
50%

#89332  by MEC407

Which paint scheme? I looked for photos on Google and found several different LSRC paint schemes.

#89559  by murray83

i happen to like the cn inspired paint it looks really sharp especially on the M-420's,C-425's and the retired C-420 though now retired :(

on the other hand due to the painting of 975 maybe they'll keep a few RS 3's around a little while longer :wink: which to many alco fans is a sigh of relief :-D

#89593  by scottychaos

would be easier to vote if we knew what it looked like! :wink:

Scot

#453065  by Patrick

adding to an old post.. 371 has the best paint out of any loco on the LSRC, even though its an EMD, it looks the best I think. Also, Begining with the 2003, the CN style stripes are NO MORE. Only nose and rear stripes and a frame stripe. A bare long hood with a dual LSRC/SBS logo now.

#473024  by Alcoman

I guess because the Lake State is slowly turning EMD, the newest paint scheme will never be seen on an Alco.
Because of this, I am forced to lock the thread. If anyone can show me an Alco on this railroad with this new paint scheme , I will consider unlocking it.