Railroad Forums 

• PCC 4601 at Michigan Transit Museum

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#792522  by Tom6921

I found out from my friend who took me to see ex TTC PCC 4601 back in 2000 that
the people at Selfridge Air force base (which the Michigan Transit Museum runs
through) needs 4601 off the base.

However, the car still hasn't been regauged from the TTC track gauge and is
sitting on a small piece of track. They need help regauging the car which isn't
easy.

Hopefully someone here can help.
 #795472  by StevieC48

I know that Seashore had their Philadelphia PCC 2709 and a few other cars, which escape my mind have been successfully reguaged. Or if you want get a set of standard gauge PCC trucks and place them under the car tempoararly. So contact the museum I am sure someone will point you in the right direction.
 #956741  by Tom6921

Here's a little more news on MTM and their two PCC streetcars:

I've heard this third hand from a friend who used to be volenteer at the Michigan Transit Museum until he moved to Chicago.

The museum was situated on Selfridge ANG air force base, but have moved off. This weekend, they were to moved their two PCCs (Former Detriot 268 and TTC 4601) to a museum member's back yard. After that it's anyone's guess.
 #1313111  by Tom6921

Here's another update. The Michigan Transit Museum has decided to deaccession Former Toronto PCC #4601. Hopefully it will go to a good home like Seashore.
 #1610173  by jbvb

I don't know nuances of PCC trucks, or which are compatible with which variants. But Seashore has a *lot* of Boston MTA PCC trucks. If someone is looking at re-gauging TTC 4601 feel free to contact me.