Railroad Forums 

• Seashore Trolley Museum Boston Day June 19, 2010 (Saturday)

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#764342  by ck4049

The Seashore Trolley Museum is planning on doing a Boston Day at the museum on June 19, 2010. We plan on running streetcars, rapid transit sets, buses, and trackless trolleys from the Boston, MA area. Is anyone interested???
Last edited by ck4049 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #764348  by MBTA3247

I'm interested, but unless they get 5821's motor reinstalled by then or decide to take out 396, there won't be much in the way of Boston trolleys to run, other than giving 5821 a quick spin around the visitor's center loop.
 #764408  by danib62

I'd be interested. Can you make it a Sunday?
 #764430  by sixflagscoasters

This would be nice to see happen.

I just hope that there would be a lot of Boston area cars running, also a lot of Boston area cars that cant run, outside.

Hopefully they can get the recent addition MBTA cars running like: Blue Line 0600s, Green Line 3424, also all of the other MBTA ones in the collection. I am not sure what runs and what does not, but it would be nice to see them all out and running. If some serious work needs to be done, and there is not much time, or not enough money to get them running, I would hope they would at least take them out of the barns and back sidings to the front areas if possible.

But anyways, I would be interested in going.
 #764451  by ck4049

I can say that the 0600s may be running if we are lucky and a small chance that we may run the St. Louis 0550s. And 3424 I can say might be out, but I cannot guarentee it. I know it will not run. I should have more info coming soon. None of this equipment is promised to run or be on display.
Last edited by ck4049 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #764495  by danib62

Why does seashore make every single special event on a Saturday? I can never go because of religious reasons. Honestly it's the one thing holding me back from becoming a member. I'm not asking that every event be on Sunday but at least a small handful.
 #764562  by octr202

I'd be interested, but if I'm there I'll be working. :)
 #764589  by sery2831

I would like to put a disclaimer here about Boston Day. The person who started this thread cannot speak on behalf of the museum.

This event is first of all subject to change. There are no promises for any of the equipment listed to above to actually operate and/or to be on display. This event is still in the planning stages and it is being developed by a handfull of volunteers, if you have any suggestions, ideas, requests, questions, or comments, feel free to post them or direct them to myself or any museum member and they will be discussed.

This thread will be allowed as long as we discuss the event and not the museums operations. That discussion is linked above in this thread.
 #764608  by MBTA3247

Here's a list of the Boston cars that I know the conditions of:

01000/0210: operable

0719: operable

5821: currently can limp along well enough to do a photo runby through the loop. If the damaged motor is repaired in time, then it should be operable

various Type 3 plows: some operable (including 5106), some not

3424: not operable, needs poles and an inspection

#4 EBT cars: should be operable if poles are installed

396: does anyone know if this still runs? If not, it should at least be pulled out of Riverside for display

PCCs: none are operable, but one or two look presentable enough to be pulled out for display

3283: IIRC the controllers are shot and it's been removed from operation

To my knowledge, none of the other Boston cars at Seashore are operable, though I could be wrong.
 #764613  by sery2831

Should we include cars that ran in Boston that aren't Boston cars. Example Line car #4 and TTC Snow Sweeper?

EMSRy P601 should be operational.

925 or 1059 should be displayed. Both run as far as I know.

475 runs and could be displayed.