Railroad Forums 

• Proposed Railroad Museum in N. Florida

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#56077  by ACLfan

Some years ago, a railroad museum (and possible operating tourist railroad) was proposed to be constructed in the north Florida area between Jacksonville and the Georgia state line. As I recall, the operation was supposed to be in the Hilliard, FL area.

As part of the plans, quite a few unique railroad locomotives, cars and other equipment, and other related artifacts were acquired for use in the project.

It seems that something happened to the project, as I cannot find any existing evidence of it anywhere!

Does anyone know what happened to it? Or. where it is located? And, what happened to the equipment/artifacts that had been acquired?

Many thanks in advance!

ACLfan
 #62543  by union21

Ride on the Historic St Marys Railroad . The 1947 locomotive leaves Daily at 9:00 a.m. ,12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. except for Christmas and Easter.
Call 866-386-8729
912-576-2777
Kings Bay area.

I saw this very well painted consist while traveling thru Georgia in Sept 04. Perhaps it's your train!
http://www.historicstmarysrailway.com/