• Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania

  • General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: Miketherailfan, rob216

  by Pinewald Station
 
The last time I was at the museum was 18 1/2 years ago. Back then I think they had a BB2 (?) electric loco out in the yard? Was it ever restored or still there? Outside of the GG1, are there any other electrics there? Have to go back now my kids are all grown up!

Mike
  by chuchubob
 
Pinewald Station wrote:The last time I was at the museum was 18 1/2 years ago. Back then I think they had a BB2 (?) electric loco out in the yard? Was it ever restored or still there? Outside of the GG1, are there any other electrics there? Have to go back now my kids are all grown up!

Mike
B1 5690 is inside and looks good.
  by Pinewald Station
 
Thanks, Bob. I think I got model numbers all screwed up. If that's the only one they have then I saw it in pretty bad shape in 1991 outside near the Reading turntable. I have a photo but not sure I can get it on here.

Mike
  by atsf sp
 
Pinewald Station wrote:Back then I think they had a BB2 (?) electric loco out in the yard? Was it ever restored or still there? Outside of the GG1, are there any other electrics there?

Electrics include:
PRR 4935 GG1 Inside http://jwdp.rrpicturearchives.net/showP ... id=1684733 Close
PRR 4800 GG1 Outside http://jwdp.rrpicturearchives.net/showP ... id=1684734
PRR 4465 E44 Inside http://jwdp.rrpicturearchives.net/showP ... id=1684733 Far
PRR 5690 B1 Inside http://www.jefflubchanskycpa.com/PRR569 ... 2DG568.jpg
PRR 3936 DD1 Outside http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2171/253 ... 32.jpg?v=0
PRR 3937 DD1 Outside http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2171/253 ... 32.jpg?v=0
Amtrak 603 E60 Outside http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/281 ... 0b81ce.jpg
The first 3 pictures are mine and the others I found online.
Last edited by atsf sp on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Pinewald Station
 
atsf sp wrote:
Pinewald Station wrote:Back then I think they had a BB2 (?) electric loco out in the yard? Was it ever restored or still there? Outside of the GG1, are there any other electrics there?

Electrics include:
PRR 4935 GG1 Inside http://jwdp.rrpicturearchives.net/showP ... id=1684734 Close
PRR 4800 GG1 Outside http://jwdp.rrpicturearchives.net/showP ... id=1684734
PRR 4465 E44 Inside http://jwdp.rrpicturearchives.net/showP ... id=1684734 Far
PRR 5690 B1 Inside http://www.jefflubchanskycpa.com/PRR569 ... 2DG568.jpg
PRR 3936 DD1 Outside http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2171/253 ... 32.jpg?v=0
PRR 3937 DD1 Outside http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2171/253 ... 32.jpg?v=0
Amtrak 603 E60 Outside http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/281 ... 0b81ce.jpg
The first 3 pictures are mine and the others I found online.
First 3 pics are of 4800.......any work being done on her?
5960 was out back I believe when I was last there .......nice they restored it and got it inside!
  by Pinewald Station
 
atsf sp wrote:My bad, wrong URL. This is the one for 4935 and 4465. http://jwdp.rrpicturearchives.net/showP ... id=1684733
I do it myself... :-) .....real nice shot ! I.m dying to get back there!! Is that the CR GP9 ex PRR? That was out back too

Mike...
  by Pinewald Station
 
No that's not a GP9!!
  by atsf sp
 
The conrail unit is a GP30 2233, but behind it is the GP9 7006.
  by Pinewald Station
 
GP30 wasn't there yet but the GP9 was. Ex PRR unit I believe. Didn't look too bad in 1991 when I saw it. Thanks for sharing the pics. I have quite a few photos from 91 ...just have to get them transferred to the cmmputer here somehow.

Mike
  by chuchubob
 
I have recent photos from the RR Museum of PA here and older photos here.
  by Pinewald Station
 
Great shots as always, Bob ! Any favorites of yours there?
Thanks for posting these !
Mike
  by chuchubob
 
Pinewald Station wrote:Great shots as always, Bob ! Any favorites of yours there?
Thanks for posting these !
Mike
Thanks, Mike. No favorites; I have a bunch of co-favorites.

Bob
  by Tom6921
 
Has there been any work done with the ex PC Metroliner they have? If I were to visit the museum, how accessible is it?
  by atsf sp
 
Tom6921 wrote:Has there been any work done with the ex PC Metroliner they have? If I were to visit the museum, how accessible is it?
Last time I was there I believe that was still outside in the yard. Visibility is good but I couldn't get too close. When I was there they were working on the Reading 800 Harlan & Hallinsworth MU.