Railroad Forums 

• Tourist lines running on Class I railroad tracks???

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#52596  by plantanplan

I am working on a project to extend excursion railroad (Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad) to downtown Cleveland. One of the major obstacles we are facing is the need to run on same tracks with one of the class I railroads. I am looking for information on other passenger railroads doing the same (not Amtrak or big commuter lines), running on Class I tracks, so I could find out how they solved liability etc. issues.

By the way, anyone stopping by in Ohio, I highly recommend taking a ride on CVSR through the river valley.

#52749  by Ken W2KB

That is a difficult task. One possiblity is to enlist federal political support from your senator and/or representatives. They *might* be willing to put a bit of pressure on the Class 1.