Railroad Forums 

• Freeport Show weekend!!

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#421456  by route_rock

Hi everyone. On behalf of the Silver Creek and Stepehnson in Freeport I would like to invite you all to the big show in Freeport Illinois on the last weekend in July. It will run Sat,Sun and Monday!

Come on out and see steam tractors threshing,a steam sawmill, blacksmiths, old cars,old tractors, a large Cooper Corliss stationary engine ( steam powered) that supplies steam to a bunch of old whistles ( one big shop whistle and a bunch of little ones including a cool little slide steam whistle)but the best reason to come is the TRAIN!!

Ride behind a 1912 Heisler ( or get a cab ride ticket and ride the cab) on a 4 mile round trip into the countryside on a former Milwaukee line. Keep your valuables close as there is a rumor of a train robber on the loose!!

Once again I hope any and all can attend I will hopefully be there Sunday running or being your friendly Conductor! More displays and fun for all the family.