Railroad Forums 

• BML Running this year?

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#122899  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
There have been some developments in the Waldo county railroad scene
lately.
The Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad's assets are owned by the Unity
Foundation. The Unity Foundation is not announcing its plans for the
railroads assets. As a concerned railfan, I am calling upon my fellow
railfans to ask the Unity Foundation what they intend to do with the
railroad's assets. The Assets in question include all railroad buildings,
all railroad equipment and the first three miles of track from the Belfast/
Waldo town line, all the way to the waterfront in Belfast.
What I'd like to know, and I'm sure others would too, is if the railroad
will run this year, or not.
If not, what is to become of the railroad's equipment?
Lets join together and show how much interest there is in the history of
the Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad, and hopefully, save it from the
scrappers torch.
To voice your concerns to the Unity Foundation, a special
e-mail address has been setup that will forward to the appopriate people. Send your comments and questions to:

[email protected]

Lets save the railroad!
Thank you all for your support!
--Joey Kelley

#123566  by b&m 1566

Well as you can see I tried asking that same question on the original post just a few down from this one on the main page forum. Not to many people talk on this forum I realized. You maybe better off asking your question on New England Railfan forum to get answers faster. As for me I haven't heard anything concrete but the feeling that I'm getting is the B&ML is coming to its end. It's sad but the way people are talking, (when I do here of it) is that its done with, (for a while anyhow).

#123683  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
The Jury is still out as it were.... The B&ML is not officially dead. However, no one is stating if anything will run - where it will run from - or what will happen.
Thats why I am asking all railfans to send an e-mail stating that they want some answers to the puzzle of the B&MLs future to [email protected]
That will forward to the appropriate people.
The tricky part is that there are many organizations involved in the assets and the control of the railroad.
As far as I know, Railstar Corp is still the operator of the State of Maine owned trackage, but they have nothing to run on the track - all the assets are under control of the Unity Foundation.
As stated above, my goal is to know what is going on, what is going to happen, so that we railfans can photograph it, and so that we can know if the Belfast and Moosehead Lake is dead, or if it is to continue.
Thanks for all your support!
--Joey Kelley

#133092  by sandpvrr

Hello All,
I have some sad and disappointing news regarding the Waldo County railroading scene. Railstar Corp who had been leasing the Belfast and Moosehead Lake Railroad track from the State of Maine has given up their lease. This means that the State of Maine now has control of the 30 miles of track from Burnham Jct to the Waldo/Belfast town line. The Unity foundation still has ownership of the assets of the railroad, all equipment and buildings, along with the first three (or so) miles of track.
Last I heard all equipment is going to be moved to Unity, and I assume, the equipment will be auctioned off.
This is dark news for fans of the Belfast and Moosehead Lake.
I'll try to keep everyone updated, but at the moment, things look rather grim.
--Joey Kelley