Railroad Forums 

• Details or info needed to model Reading Blueliners

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1054762  by wwiirebel

Hey everybody,

Currently i am building Reading Company Blueliners using the coach kits from BCW. My only issue is I cannot seem to source out proper Headlight details. I know Walthers had some various types available a long while back(mostly P.R.R. MP-54 types), but i do not know of any current possible sources that might have anything usable.Can anyone lead me in a proper direction??.

Note: I am aware of the models available from IHP. But the price is outta my range at this time.All i need are the headlight details and i'll be done.
 #1059420  by green_elite_cab

I have a pair of those old walthers kits. I might be able to make a small casting for you. They should work, all you'd have to do us add side-by-side headlights.

That said, IHP just announced cheapr $104 Green-car kits, which you may not have been aware of. This is better than the ~$500 RTR pairs being sold previously. I also encourage pursuing they need a particular number of orders to give them the green-light.