Railroad Forums 

• Wants LIRR HO scale P-72/P-75 coaches!

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#85113  by thrdkilr

Why can't someone come out with some Pullman 72's or 75's (HO)? With all this great stuff available (Thank-you China for slave labor!) now you would think they would be out. I've tried the kits (Image/Fun..????), am way not good enough for those! I see that theres CNW bi-levels, wasn't there more Pullmans in use? Thanks for letting me vent....

#85174  by AmtrakFan

What's the differnece between the P-70's and the P-72's?

John

#85270  by Mr Met

ASk that in the LIRR fourm

#85465  by AmtrakFan

Otto Vondrak wrote:What's the difference- about two feet.

-otto-
Thanks Mr. Vondrak.

John

#85689  by thrdkilr

Mr Met,

Why would I go t the LIRR forum to ask a question about HO Passenger cars? What sort of cheap thrill do people get directing traffic when they are not qualified?):

#85698  by Otto Vondrak

You could get more information about the REAL LIRR coaches on our LIRR forum. It was only a suggestion- I might have said the same.

-otto-

#85874  by Lupo 10

Awhile back (early 1990's I believe) a resin kit was being sold at Willis Hobbies of the P-72. I'm not sure if it was limited run or just done through them but it was exact. I only purchased one. It came out so so but if I had the skill set for resin kits down pat back then (not that I have it now) it might have come out better.

The P-70 on the other hand was made by a company called Alco (not the locomotive manufacturer). If interested I know where some of these kits may be. Someone in my historical society has been trying unload them for several months. He may still very well have them.

P.S. There are a whole bunch of LIRR fanatics at the LIRR forum that may know something more about these kits.

#86241  by mp15ac

The P-70 kit was originally sold by Alco Models, who also improted various brass models. The kits are now sold through Eastern Carworks.

Stuart