Railroad Forums 

• Future Industrial Park Layout

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1039316  by alexandre181

Hi

I'm ready to start my future industrial park in 1 week.

I would like to know if someones have some ideas of layouts I can used to help me to make my industrial spur?
(This spur will be a half of a table, about 3' by 9 feet)

If you have any plan, picture or etc. It will be very appreciated!
I already have an idea about how I'll place the trackage, but with some help, maybe It could be better!

Thank
Alex
 #1039391  by glennk419

With the ease of access to aerial maps these days (Mapquest, Google, Bing), why not just pick an industrial area that has rail service and you're familiar with and use that as a starting point?
 #1039431  by umtrr-author

Lance Mindheim has done some interesting things in this area. Originally a master N Scale modeler with his depiction of the Monon, he has since switched (pun not intended) to industrial switching in Florida in HO Scale.

He has a book "How to Build a Switching Layout" (on Amazon and elsewhere).

Also lancemindheim.com, though I have not been there personally.