Railroad Forums 

• Lionel Can Motors

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#83466  by dkgrubb

Hello,
I have just recieved a Lionel Chessie System GP38-2, which came from the 2001 Chessie Diesel Freight Set. This engine is capable of running at very low speeds when the power is applied in very small increments. I was just wondering if operating the engine at this slow speed would harm the motors, possible burning them out, or if this is within their operating capabilities. I would hate to ruin my new engine. Thanks for any information and advice.
Keith

#84539  by RK

Hi there, :-D

Check out the O Gauge Forums over at www.ogaugerr.com

:-)

#88478  by Lehigh Valley Railroad

Howdy,

You can wire the motors in series that will make it operate slower.