Railroad Forums 

• INTERESTED IN THIS AS A KIT?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1034106  by Dieter

SOUND OFF!

If you could get a kit in the scale of your choice, not quite appearing like a cartoon --

Would you like to add this oddity to your layout for a little tongue in cheek fun?

LARD LAD DONUTS from The Simpsons.......
 #1034474  by snowskier

Sure! Gotta have a sense of humor! John Allen was famous for having little practical jokes around the Gorre and Daphetid...like a dinosaur pressed into service as a yard switcher and a 'giant rodent' (fake mouse) strapped down to a flat car. I have a power plant in a corner of my layout. There's a light switch located above it so, I ran 'Hi Tension' Power Lines from the substation to the wall plate of the switch! Gets noticed everytime... Let us know if you really go thru with this and make them available!
 #1034652  by Backshophoss

GUYS,Be careful with this idea,All of the "images" are copyrighted,either by M.Groening or Fox, for your self and maybe a freind or two should be ok.
Any form of "Mass Production", there would be problems,and legal troubles.
"LARD LAD" is "borrowed" from a Cali. based fast food chain "BIG BOY",the legal begals at Fox had to clear it for "air".
It's a "rabbit hole" you don't want to go in!

Humor is a major part of the hobby, it can be "BRASH",out in the open,or "hidden" finding out is part of the fun.

If you could get thru all the legal/licensing "c**p",more power to you, it would be a possibly a "great seller"
Good Luck
 #1035844  by CNJ999

Just as a point of information, several commercially available models of Lard Lad Donuts have already been manufactured...at least to one degree, or another.

I'm not at all sure of the exact scale it was rendered in, maybe S scale, but I do particularly recall Hawthorne Village offered a copy of Homer Simpson's favorite hangout available as a part of their Simpson Christmas Village line. The sign itself might still work in HO, however, the set is pretty expensive.

Another toy manufacturer, McFarlane Toys, producted the Lard Lad statue/sign (but no store) together with a vehicle and a Homer Simpson figure somewhere close to, I believe, O scale.

CNJ999
 #1036347  by Backshophoss

But those manufactures went thru all the REQUIRED legal hoops to make the "Licensed" products,
which is not easy to do,from the "pitch" till the "final product" requires the "copyright" holders "blessing.