Railroad Forums 

• Can anyone identify this tunnel?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#79769  by SRS125

I don't know who would have made it but I can tell you that it looks to have been made in the 1920's or 30's and that its most likley to gain a few hundred dollars to the right collector.

#79777  by conrail71

Hey,
I worked in a hobby shop a few years ago, we had a couple of tunnels like that one on the shelves behind the counter. I want to say that they were Marx. If you look on E-bay under tinplate tunnel or O-27 tunnel you might find something similar.

#79969  by Otto Vondrak

I had one of those too, I think its Marx tin lithograph.

You might want to try our Lionel and American Flyer forum for a better answer... this forum is for the discussion of HO and N scale models.

-otto-