• Walthers/Branchline 12-1s and New England Rail Conversions

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by ngotwalt

I am just curious if anyone has tried a New England Rail service conversion on a Walthers or Branchline car yet, I know they are designed for Rivarossi, but can't be that hard to modify.
Thanks,
Nick

by astrosa

http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/Riv ... mpared.htm

Looks like the NERS parts would just about fit the Branchline sides, though the rivets might not match. I'm sure the owner of the site will eventually add the Walthers sides to his comparison - obviously they're still quite new so there's not much info on them yet.

by ngotwalt

Thanks, I picked up a walthers 12-1 today at the LH. Nice car, great interior. Just deciding what to do with it since its undec.
Thanks,
Nick