Railroad Forums 

• A view...layout and trees

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#72695  by CIOR

Well, I finally got around to uploading new pictures of the CIOR's Dunreith District. I have been working on the layout scenery (specificly the Knightstown to CP-Riley area, including the Charlottesville area).
Here is a shot of the LX40 approaching CP-Riley
The fading daylight sees the Amaco turn working fast to get into the clear.
Finally, trees. My objective this weekend was to get trees made up. These are the Scenic Express "Super Trees". I have had them on the other layout, but I never finished them out (by painting and flocking them). I must admit, these are probably the best looking trees I have ever seen. They look realistic and are fairly simple to do, just cut and clean, paint and flock.
Click here to see more about the trees.....
http://www.trainweb.org/cior/construction.html
 #72813  by Komachi

CIOR,

Dude, I'm as green as one of your locomotives! I haven't had much time to work on my layout in a long while (work and other priorities have come up). But now that the temperatures and snow have fallen here in the midwest, and we've entered the "slow season" at work, hopefully I'll have some time to putter around with my layout and maybe catch up to where you are with yours (then again, I'm handlaying the track, so... :wink: ).

Looks good so far, can't wait to see more!)

#72989  by trainfreak

Wow i wish i had the room for a layout of my own. To bad every room in our house is used up by my five person family and our basement isnt set up for anything to be down there. Oh well.

#75866  by SRS125

trainfreak wrote:Wow i wish i had the room for a layout of my own. To bad every room in our house is used up by my five person family and our basement isnt set up for anything to be down there. Oh well.
Ever thought of maybe doing a coffie table size layout or maybe a shelf layout? Thats how I started out years ago till Building a pole barn. My new layout is 8 X 10 its small but good enough for the time being.

#82292  by bncsx

CIOR,

Very nice detailing, great job ! Is that a second level I see in picture #1?
I am working on my very first layout (like you, when I have the time !)
I cant seem to decide on a layout plan so I think im just going to go with my own. Again, looks good, great job !

Regards,

BNCSX