Railroad Forums 

• Modeling an HO scale Lehigh Valley SW7

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#69089  by Somateria

Hi there -

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone out there has modeled Lehigh Valley locomotives in HO scale? I would like to try modeling an SW7 and have some questions about what parts to use (like spark arrestors, for example). Thanks in advance -

Bill

#70119  by railvidpro

life like proto 2000, has a 4 LV SW-6,8,9 #275,279,283,292.not sure of the classes for these numbers but they'll probably be close
hope this helps
lou

#70563  by Somateria

Thanks for the tips. There is some really good info on those sites, especially the lvrrmodeler site. But, seems like there isn't a whole lot of info out there on the SW7s. Probably not too common to model one. In any case, should be a fun project to get underway. I'll provide updates along the way...

Thanks again -

Bill