Railroad Forums 

• New York and Long Branch, NY&LB in HO

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1066753  by ppbhist

Hello fellow modelers. It's been a while since I last posted here but progress continues on my NY&LB layout.

Trains have been running over the completed half and track de-bugging has slowed down as most of the issues involving the trackwork have been resolved. I've now turned to the scenery on the upper level with much anticipation.

I'm beginning construction of the Shark River rolling lift bridge after just completing the Sylvania Avenue wood overpass. The Shark River Bridge will be similar to the completed Manasquan bridge shown below. I plan to finish up much of the upper level scenery before moving to the lower level.

You can visit my construction log at my NY&LB web site. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

The Manasquan River rolling lift bridge

The Sylvania Ave wood overpass awaiting datails and the land approaches to be built from foam
 #1066821  by ApproachMedium

Nice job! I always wanted a completed model of BRIELLE the draw bridge on the manasquan river. I would still love to come down and see your layout in person sometime. It looks fantastic.
 #1296037  by ppbhist

hello all...

It's been a while since I posted any updates on the forums, but I thought I would let anyone interseted know that my layout will be open for visits on Sunday October 26th between 9am and 2pm.

This is in conjunction with the annual New Jersey Layout Design/Operations SIG and RPM Meet that weekend. Ifn anyone wants to stop by, just shoot me and email and I'll provide directions.

For those who haven't been following, the layout web site is at http://www.nyandlb.com

Jerry
 #1454320  by ppbhist

Hi everyone -

I can't believe its been over three years since I last posted on this forum! Work continues on my NY&LB and the pace has been picking up some since I have started on scenery at the Bay Head loop and yard. Shown below, the middle loop forest is well under way.

I'll try and check back more often. Hope everybody has a great Holiday!!
 #1559455  by ppbhist

Everyone - I just want to announce that I started construction - finally! - on the second half of my NY&LB layout. This half encompasses the Long Branch to South Amboy section.

Anyone who's interested after ten plus years of construction can follow the new posts at nyandlb.com

I'll try to post more here as progress moves forward. Happy Holidays all!

Jerry