Railroad Forums 

• Bay Ridge Model RR Club

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#65419  by steemtrayn

does anyone know if the Bay Ridge (Brooklyn, NY) club is having a show this year? Last year"s show was in November, but this year there's no listing in the schedules of the current magazines, and nothing on their website.

#67539  by BMT

If it's like previous years their schedule is Friday nights from 8-to-10 pm. Address is: 32 Marine Avenue (basement of apartment building on the corner...access via courtyard around back). Addmission is usually $5. per person.

They have an AWESOME third-rail powered layout. Been in existance since the late 1940's! (one of the oldest continueously-run model railroad layouts in the USA!).

#67607  by steemtrayn

Thanx, BMT, but I'm tryin to find out if they're having a public showing this year. I want to bring a friend, and be sure that trains will be running when we show up.
 #67746  by BMT

Steemtrayn, I made a boo-boo. Address of the club is 28 MARINE AVE. Sorry about that. I was going from memory.

BTW, I couldn't find a phone number for them, but they do have a website (not much info besides a general history of the club which is more thorough then my writeup). Here's the webaddress:
http://www.members.tripod.com/~KnightTi ... dclub.html

Your best bet is to take a trip to NYC and drop in on them on a Friday night around 8 pm. I guarrantee the members will be there. At least for the rest of the year (not the Friday after Thanksgiving).

#73595  by BMT

Well, I'm going to head over to the Bay Ridge Model RR Club in a couple of hours, so I will have a report on the goings on over the weekend.