Railroad Forums 

• engine slow to take off

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#862333  by cottonx55

i have the polar express set with the 80 watt cw that came with it and a kw transformer and with which i use the polars Berkshire takes a few seconds to take off now i have other loco's from steam to diesel and they move the moment i move the power why dose the berk do this is there a fix or just the way its made
 #862365  by John_Perkowski

General Discussion: Locomotives, Rolling Stock, and Equipment Moderator's Note:

Moved to the Toy Trains, Model Railroading, Outdoor and Live Steam.