Railroad Forums 

• HO Athearn Challenger

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#64333  by Chuck Walsh

My loco was shipped out yesterday Friday by First hobby and according
to the UPS tracking report is ten miles from my Michigan home. This
loco weighs in at 25 ounces(two more than the Riv Alley) and has
traction tires.
This is my First Athearn, First buy from Firsthobby and First on line purchase(optional)

Great execution. Can't get much better.
 #65768  by challenger4664

:-D RECEIVED?
:wink: ANY COMMENT?
I WANT TO HV ONE TOO. EITHER LIONEL OR ATHEARN...
Chuck Walsh wrote:My loco was shipped out yesterday Friday by First hobby and according
to the UPS tracking report is ten miles from my Michigan home. This
loco weighs in at 25 ounces(two more than the Riv Alley) and has
traction tires.
This is my First Athearn, First buy from Firsthobby and First on line purchase(optional)

Great execution. Can't get much better.
 #65800  by stuart_iowa

i just sort of moved to michigan from iowa....after a divorce, i am near grand rapids in shelbyville. i saw a athearn model of this locomotive at the model train show in kalamazoo on sunday , very cool unit....out of my budget but very nice units.
stuart