Railroad Forums 

• Stewart Hobbies Update - Bowser purchases Stewart 10/19

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#62141  by Chuck Walsh

It's Bowser!

#62147  by snowplough

Am I right in assuming that Bowser would be better than, say, Athearn or Atlas? What I mean is that it seems to me that Bowser's ideals and target consumer are pretty much the same as those of Stewart, so we'll probably get more of what we liked about Stewart from Bowser than we would have from someone else.

snowplough

#62229  by mc367

Sounds like a good combo, although I am sad to see that Stewart is going( always wanted to pick up one of there F3's, guess the time would be now) However I do like Bowser's Products.

-Justin Franz

#62252  by Otto Vondrak

From the Bowser Home Page

Bowser Manufacturing has expanded

We are pleased to announce that Bowser has acquired Stewart Hobbies. We wish to thank Steve Stewart for 20 years of excellence in model railroad manufacturing. We plan to continue the proud tradition that Steve has established. The distribution of Stewart products will remain the same.

http://www.bowser-trains.com/
http://www.stewarthobbies.com/

#62492  by Otto Vondrak

From the Stewart Hobbies home page

A Message from Steve Stewart:

October 19, 2004

Stewart Hobbies, Inc. announces the sale of the company to Bowser Manufacturing Co., Inc. effective Tuesday, October 19, 2004.  All orders for Stewart Hobbies, Inc. will be the responsibility of Bowser Manufacturing Co., Inc. Lee English, President of Bowser Manufacturing, and I are pleased to make this announcement.  All messages should be sent to:

Bowser Manufacturing Co., Inc
1502 Jordan Ave
P.O. Box 322
Montoursville, PA  17754
570-368-2379 (Phone)
570-368-5046 (Fax)

We at Stewart Hobbies are proud to have provided many different scale models to many, many people over the last twenty years.  We wish to thank our many customers, and the many friends we have met over the years. We always tried to make scale replicas of the prototype, accurately paint them, and then accurately print them.  We worked very hard to have excellent performing scale models, and I believe that Bowser will continue the tradition started by Terry Stewart and myself in 1984.  We wish them well in all their endeavors to provide quality models and services to model railroaders throughout the world.

Sincerely,
Steve Stewart
President
Stewart Hobbies, Inc.

#62552  by krobar

Wow, at least Horizon didn't get Stewart. :wink: I hope that Bowser will continue to introduce new freight cars and locos that Stewart may have been planning (if any). I'm still waiting for that DT662000 centercab and a late model (with higher hoods) AS16/616. :-D

#62774  by JDFX

Perhaps Bowser will be more than willing to listen to people who are in the know about certain railroads...

You want your U25B's... I am sure that Bowser wants to produce a good product... Drop them a line, let them know your knowledge, and offer to assist them in getting the NH stuff on the straight and level...

Realize, that if you come across like a crazy nut/bolt/washer and rivet counter, then they may be turned off... (no one can produce perfect models for every single railroad).. But if you come across like "Hey, I'm a NH fan, and I like your products, can I offer a couple of unsolicited suggestions about the shade of red" for instance, they may be more apt to listen..

I've had very good success dealing with both Bowser and Stewart in the past, better than anyone else (well, except MRC... but they are powerpacks..) Its sad to see Steve sell (and I assume retire) but he couldn't have sold it to any other company that would actually continue the quality and tradition that Stewart has...

Bowser can now give that Horrible Hobbies a run for their monies, and atleast for me, who is dabbling in both scales (HO and N) it gives me another strong outlet and choice to shop...