Railroad Forums 

• CSX Paint Scheme

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#796779  by eaaiii

I'm considering painting a diesel engine in the most recent (2002 +) yellow and blue paint scheme. I know Microscale has the decals, but can someone tell me which paint manufacturers/colors are a match or close to the CSX specs? Thanks.
 #801629  by eaaiii

Thanks for the feedback. For any others looking for the paint, the YN3 colors are available via Testors. For Acrylic paint. . .

CSX New Image Blue SKU F414393
CSX New Image Gold SKU F414394

For Enamels the Blue SKU is F110357, but it shows up as discontinued. Gold SKU is F110358.
 #1247887  by rscott417

Found this thread in a google search and it got good replies so I hope I can get some help matching the paint for a transfer caboose that I think is closest to the yn1 paint scheme. Any ideas? Also, I will use Microscale decals MC-4075 CSX Bay Window Cabooses.
 #1247891  by scharnhorst

interesting cab!