Railroad Forums 

• value of old trains: please advise.

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#60064  by phoenix

I just put some old "Silver Streak" trains for sale on ebay. SOme of them are in excellent condition while the others require work.

Also, I found an old steam locomotive in a box labelled UNION PACIFIC 5000. The bos is a JOHN ENGLISH Model Trains box. Also, this locomotive needs work.

BOttom line is I just want to get the stuff out of the house but what are they worth?

#60122  by Otto Vondrak

That kind of stuff is hard to price. Put 'em up on eBay and start them at $1.00 and see what happens.

Or, try our For Sale forum. Offer them to the first person who offers to pay postage.

-otto-