Railroad Forums 

• Train Show: Cincinnati Ohio - Oct 23 & 24

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#59800  by Espeelark

List - just wanted to advise you of Cincinnati Division 7's annual Model Railroad Show on October 23 & 24 at the large & spacious Lakota West High School in West Chester, Ohio.
We will have operating layouts & displays and over 250 Dealer tables.
Hours on Saturday are from 1-8 and on Sunday from 11-5.
Access off of I-75 is easy and the parking is free!
Admission is just $5 and is valid for both days.
You can find a map at www.cincy-div7.org
Thanks in advance for coming!

#59891  by snowplough

In case anyone in the Cincy area is wondering whether to attend the NMRA show or the later Great American Train Show, I can tell you, from having attended its Dayton venue two days ago, that GATS is definitely dying. The Dayton GATS looked like it was on life support: hardly anyone there, whole aisleways empty at times, and hardly anything worth buying. (Everyone was selling engines and rolling stock, and low quality structures.) Even my five-year-old son was disappointed.

So my advice, hit the NMRA show and skip GATS. The NMRA show was always a lot better anyway. (Wait till you see the Eastern Loggers' layout [if it's there again]! It will provide inspiration long into next summer.)

snowplough

[/i]