Railroad Forums 

• Help with Walkaround Control for standard DC blocked layout

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#768419  by Cadet57

Flat-Wheeler wrote:Sounds like it has a built in "momentum" feature, to replicate the momentum of a large heavy train.
I did see that. It was just kinda a pain to have to watch a CF7 pulling no loads take a good 5 seconds or so to even start rolling barely- it felt like my god ol Tech 2 had more control over starting and stopping. But I guess thats more "realistic". Either way, I still like it and I'll use it until I either go full DCC or invest in a MRC tech 6 that can consist, run DC and DCC trains including sound features.
 #1114823  by Flat-Wheeler

I just returned to my house following a 2 year work assignment cross country with GE doing some Turbine engineering, while trying to avoid working $12/hr relocating rich peoples homes, while my home goes under (uhh, as an engineer, I must make 4 times that to avoid losing my home). During my evenings after work I scratchbuilt a full size HO scale petroleum refinery while I pocketed enough money to take 2 months off after my assignment. Now while I focus on trying to find my next job, or consider selling my home and moving where there are jobs for degreed experienced engineers, I have a couple months to enjoy my house AND MY MINIATURE RAILROAD SYSTEM. So I cleaned 160 feet of rails, and swapped some wires around. Within another 20 minutes, the Aristo Craft (Crest) walkaround remote control throttle was hooked up and working.

This remote walkaround control is better than I expected ! I was anticipating G-scale toy train around the christmas tree operation. No way man !!! This thing rocks for true realistic HO operation ! Yes, there is a built in delay to each move, but patience and safety go hand in hand, and it is real enough for me to say "WOW, What an experience !" Thanks again to all who suggested this controller. I never doubted you, but just feared major disappointment.